Friday 21 November 2008

Soul Selector Series: Vol 3 Tall Sarah


A great selection of big weekender anthem, from the jazz dance classic of "Venceremos" to The Trammps, from Barry White and Teddy Pendergrass to The Mother Funkaz ending on the full 11min version of "Don't Leave Me This Way", a ture Soul Moves classic if there ever was one.Sarah played at both the Soul Moves all day Sunday Soul Sessions and this mix features a few of those tunes.Check out the mix :http://www.sendspace.com/file/t9d1elQ. what was your inspiration for the mix ? TS - the Southport Weekender - either tunes I discovered there, my favourite tunes there or one I'd really like to hear there Q Whats your favourite "soul memory", a live gig, dj set TS - got to be the 3 times I've seen Barry White - twice at the Apollo, Manchester and once at Sheffield City Hall. Q you called the mix weekender anthems, what was your last weekender, and whats your next one ? TS - just got back from Southport Weekender 43 and hopefully will be at the Luxury Soul Weekender for my birthday in January Q.What is the bomb tune on this mix ? TS - they're all massive bombs in my book! BUT if I had to choose one it would be don't leave me this way. Reminds me of Bucky's 5 hour set a Sankeys a couple of years ago bouncing about at the front and also Dr Bob dropped this version after Rahaans superb set at SPW 42 - I was aching all over but could not stop dancing to it Q What else can we expect from you on the soul tip ? - lots and lots! I'll be doing a Weekender After Party mix within the next month and I have a few single artist mixes planned .Enjoy the music.

No comments: